What is the difference between a submissive and a slave?
Ultimate, total, non consensual slavery is illegal! Therefore, a person who wants to enter voluntarily into this type of situation, commitment or relationship has only two rights. By choosing to become a slave, the slave exercises the first right by consenting to submit totally to the the man, who becomes his Master. The Master, then, maintains complete control of the slave in all aspects of his life: sexually, physically, emotionally, economically, socially, and spiritually. The slave retains only one other right. That is the right to say No, which in effect is a declaration of intent to end the M/s relationship. The slave can leave at any time he chooses; to be prevented from leaving is illegal.
• A submissive is someone who can and should negotiate; a slave can not
• A submissive has limits; a slave gives up all limits except those that his Master sets for him.
• A submissive obeys and serves his Dominant by choosing to do so each time while retaining his free will; a slave initially makes a choice to obey and submit to his Master at all times and in all matters
• A submissive accepts submission; a slave accepts obedience.
• A submissive can simply play as a submissive; a slave enters a lifestyle.
• A submissive retains some rights within the context of the D/s relationship; a slave gives up all rights and becomes, in effect, property of the Master.
• A submissive commits to voluntary service; a slave is owned & possessed.
• A submissive consents to agreed upon protocols of behavior; a slave has no rights regarding expectations of protocol & typically is not allowed to sit on furniture or wear clothes, and always kneels at his Master’s feet.
• A submissive has a safe-word that ends play; a slave has consented to no-consent.
• A slave must be a submissive, but a submissive is not necessarily a slave.
A boy who consents to the ultimate form of submission, that is to become a slave, gives up his sense of self and personhood. he becomes an “it” for all intents and purposes. his self worth is bound to his desire to completely serve and please is Master.
A submissive and a slave both have a deep need or desire to submit, to surrender, or to give up at least some part of their will, control, and power to a Dominant. They most often “need” this because pleasing and/or offering service to a Dominant who has earned their trust, their respect and (generally) their love, is an integral part of a submissive/slave’s fulfillment and satisfaction.
Let me know if you identify as a slave, and if you are owned currently
Let me know if you are a submissive, collared, and/or in a 24/7 relationship
Edited and adapted from: